Trissels Mennonite Church – Facilities Use Guidelines (Approved October 2014)
1. Appropriate Christian conduct is expected whenever a group uses the church premises. No disrespectful behavior.
2. The use of tobacco and/or alcohol is not permitted.
3. No dancing.
4. The facilities shall be returned to the same condition as they were upon the group's arrival. The kitchen floor is to be
wet mopped and the fellowship hall floor is to be dry mopped. If necessary, the fellowship hall floor is to be wet mopped
as well. Tables, chairs and furniture are to be returned to their original location/arrangement.
5. Each party will provide their own plates, cups, and napkins.
6. All trash is to be removed from the premises by the group renting the facility.
7. No food or beverages are permitted in any part of the building except the kitchen and the fellowship hall
8. No pets are allowed.
9. Any use of candles must be in accordance with local fire codes.
10. Church property is not to be removed from the premises.
11. All Trissels owned audio/visual equipment will be run and managed by church-approved personnel only.
12. Each group will be responsible to report and pay for any damages to church property.
13. All activities and clean-up shall be concluded by 10:00 pm.
FEES FOR NON-MEMBER USE:
1. No charge for use of the church sanctuary for funeral services
2. There will not be an additional charge for use of classrooms as dressing rooms for a wedding provided everything is
cleaned and returned to its previous state.
3. All fees are to be paid in the following format:
a. Security Deposit (refundable) – $150 to hold date
b. Down-payment (refundable less administrative fee) – 50% of estimated costs due 6 months prior to event or
immediately within 6 month time frame
c. Final payment – Remaining balance due 30 days prior to event.
d. Failure to comply with payment schedule will be considered grounds for cancellation of the agreement and return of all refundable prior payments. We will make an attempt to contact the responsible party before refunding prior payments.
4. Fee schedule:
Administrative Fee $50 (non-refundable)
Fellowship Hall/Kitchen $150/day
Grounds (includes bathrooms) $100/day
**Church Representative $50/first 3 hrs; $15/hr thereafter for the duration
**Audio/Visual Technician $50/first 3 hrs; $15/hr thereafter for the duration
Security Deposit $150 (refundable)
**Payment for these services is to be made payable to the appropriate responsible persons.
I have read the guidelines and payment schedule for use of the Trissels Mennonite Church facility and agree to abide by them and any other specific requests made for using the facility. Any activity in the church building should be consistent with the mission and purpose of the church—to worship and glorify God, and to promote healthy relationships among persons in the congregation.
I understand that I am responsible for the care and safety of participants at this event, and in consideration of being permitted to use the church facilities, FOREVER RELEASE the church and its members, and legal representatives, and agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the church, its members, and its legal representatives, harmless from any claims or damages for and medical expenses and other damages, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I hereby agree that the Trustees of Trissels Mennonite Church and its members are not responsible for any personal injury or any property loss or damage occurring in connection with use of the facilities. I also agree to reimburse the church for any damages caused by persons using the property pursuant to this agreement. The fee schedule, policies and conditions outlined in this agreement are acceptable to our group.
Name of individual responsible for payment:_____________________________________________
State:________________ Zip:______________________ Phone:____________________________
Email:_______________________________________ Event Date(s):________________________
Office Use Only:
SECURITY DEPOSIT Date:__________ Amount:________ Cash/Check #_______ Received:_______ Treasurer:_________
DOWN PAYMENT (50%) Date:________ Amount:________ Cash/Check #_______ Received:_______ Treasurer:_________
FINAL PAYMENT (50%) Date:_________ Amount:________ Cash/Check #_______ Received:_______ Treasurer:_________